The ERCOT report titled “Aggregated Solar Resource Power Potential Forecast” will be discontinued for Market Participants between this week.
The data included in this report is already provided in Solar Power Production – Hourly Averaged Actual and Forecasted Values (EMIL ID: NP4-737-CD | Report Type ID: 13483. Market Participants should continue to download this existing report NP4-737-CD to obtain the hourly actual and forecasted solar values.
According a Market Notice posted by ERCOT, “ERCOT will start receiving a second set of hourly solar forecasts, namely, Short-Term PhotoVoltaic Power Forecast (STPPF) and PhotoVoltaic Generation Resource Production Potential (PVGRPP), and an additional Intra-Hour Photo Voltaic Power Forecast (IHPPF). ERCOT Operations will have the ability to select an active STPPF and IHPPF for use in grid operations.”
ERCOT continues to elaborate in the Market Notice:
- Pursuant to Nodal Protocol 3.9.1(8), the selected STPPF will be used to validate and update High Sustained Limits (HSLs) in Current Operating Plans (COPs); if needed, a QSE representing a PVGR may submit a lower COP HSL based on operating conditions.
- ERCOT will implement six Photo Voltaic solar regions and make reporting changes to provide solar forecast and solar generation by regions. The six solar regions to be implemented were discussed at the June 14, 2021 Congestion Management Working Group.
- Pursuant to NPRR 935, Post All Wind and Solar Forecasts, the following new reports will be posted on ERCOT.com.
- Solar Power Production – Actual 5-Minute Averaged Values by Geographical Region | NP4-746-CD | Report Type ID 21810
- Solar Power Production – Hourly Averaged Actual and Forecasted Values by Geographical Region | NP4-745-CD | Report Type ID 21809
- Hourly System-Wide and Regional Solar Forecasts by Model | NP4-443-CD | Report Type ID 21811
- Intra-Hour Solar Power Forecast by Geographic Region | NP4-752-CD | Report Type ID 21812