According to ERCOT, the organization has worked on integrating a second vendor to forecast PhotoVoltaic (PV) production potential for every PhotoVoltaic Generation Resource (PVGR). As a part of this effort, ERCOT implemented the remaining section of NPRR 935: Post All Wind and Solar Forecasts. The information listed below describes these changes:
- Between May 24 and May 26, 2022, the report “Aggregated Solar Resource Power Potential Forecast” was discontinued and now, the contents of this report are available in the existing report “Solar Power Production – Hourly Averaged Actual and Forecasted Values”.
- On June 23, 2022, ERCOT began receiving a second set of hourly solar forecasts including Short-Term PhotoVoltaic Power Forecast, PhotoVoltaic Generation Resource Production Potential, and an additional Intra-Hour Photo Voltaic Power Forecast. ERCOT Operations can now select an active STPPF and IHPPF for use in grid operations.
- The Short-Term PhotoVoltaic Power Forecast will be used to validate and update High Sustained Limits (HSLs) in Current Operating Plans (COPs); if needed, a QSE representing a PVGR may submit a lower COP HSL based on operating conditions.
- ERCOT implemented six Photo Voltaic solar regions and made reporting changes to provide solar forecast and solar generation by regions. The six solar regions to be implemented were discussed at the June 14, 2021 Congestion Management Working Group.
- Pursuant to NPRR 935, Post All Wind and Solar Forecasts, the following new reports were posted to ERCOT’s website:
- Solar Power Production – Actual 5-Minute Averaged Values by Geographical Region
- Solar Power Production – Hourly Averaged Actual and Forecasted Values by Geographical Region
- Hourly System-Wide and Regional Solar Forecasts by Model
- Intra-Hour Solar Power Forecast by Geographic Region
NPRR935 and its associated documents can be found on the ERCOT website. Thank you for your cooperation.