In the upcoming month ERCOT will be implementing several market-facing changes. These changes will help give more granularity into ERCOT market operations and increase visibility into renewable forecasting.
These changes include:
- Two new MIS postings that will replace current ERCOT Wind Forecasting Design Documentation
- New public posting IRR Forecasting Process for downloading data associated with Renewable Generation Forecasts
- New secure posting for criteria for IRR Forecasts
- Total Solar Output will be included in Real-Time System Conditions display
- “Forecasted and Actual PVGRPower Production” data display will be added to ERCOT website for system-wide actual and forecasted solar power production
- Modifications to the Wind Integration report to include Installed Wind Capacity
- A new PVGR report will be created
The modifications and new reports will be integrated into Adapt2’s prior to the May 26 go-live date, giving clients peace of mind that their operations will not be impacted by these changes.