ERCOT has implemented changes related to the Fast-Frequency Response (FFR) Advancement. The FFR Advancement project includes implementing a few Revision Requests including Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) 863, Creation of ERCOT Contingency Reserve Service, and Revisions to Responsive Reserve.This effects members by the addition of new parameter types for submits.
The follow is a high-level list provided by ERCOT of the changes that were made as a part of this project
- Upon the full implementation of FFR as a part of this project, for any operating hour in the Day Ahead Market (DAM),
- An ESR-Gen and ESR-CLR will be able to offer, get awarded and provide* (conventional) Regulation, RRS-PFR, and (online) Non-Spin simultaneously with RRS-FFR (assuming the ESR-Gen or ESR-CLR is qualified for the AS or AS sub-type it is offering or providing).
- A NCLR will be able to offer, get awarded and provide** either RRS-FFR or RRS-UFR (assuming the NCLR is qualified for the RRS sub-type it is offering or providing).
- RRS Offers in & Awards from DAM/SASM, RRS AS Responsibilities in COPs, Self-Arranged RRS and RRS AS Trade submissions will split by subtype namely, RRS-PFR, RRS-FFR and RRS-UFR.
- In Real Time, new telemetry will be setup to send Ancillary Service Responsibility and Ancillary Service Schedule for RRS-FFR. The existing Ancillary Service Responsibility and Ancillary Service Schedule telemetry will continue to be used for telemetering RRS-PFR and RRS-UFR.
Each submit and download process has been addressed in FFR market change tickets in both IIS and K8s releases. For more information regarding this member impacting change please contact email@example.com